ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: ExecuteJava and initializeClass
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 01:51:10 GMT
> From: Magesh Umasankar [mailto:umagesh@apache.org]
>
> > You'll need a valid Constructor object for that and I'm not sure
> > it will work but worth a try.
>
> JVM guarantees that each class *will* have a constructor, either
> provided by default or explicitly specified.  So, getting a constructor
> object is easy and it can be safely assumed that we will get
> a constructor object when using reflection.

Yes, I know that :-). What I meant to question is whether when you then call
that with a set of illegal arguments, will it run the static initializers
under JDK 1.1. I thought the validation in the reflection code may have
thrown out first. If you have checked that and it works, cool.

> > I remember trying a number of things to trigger startic initializers to
> > run to no avail. Let me know if you have more success.
>
> I would be most pleased if you can please cross-verify and let
> me know if this works after patching up ExecuteJava with what
> I have provided above.  It works in my environments...
>
> After you confirm, perhaps, I may even move this piece
> into AntClassLoader itself.

Yes, that is where it should be.

Conor