ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <>
Subject FW: ExecuteJava and initializeClass
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:12:34 GMT
Thought this went to list yesterday ...

> From: Magesh Umasankar []
> This is how I had understood the issue to be:

OK, check here for some relevant bugs from Ant

These were the original motivaters for this change. It would be good if
these continue to stay fixed.

> I most definitely read the comments ;-)

> Comments are so rare
> I digest them with much fervour whenever they are available.
> I am not so satisfied with the hack anyways - maybe a better
> hack would be to invoke newInstance with a large (usually
> unlikely) array of arguments

You are thinking reflection not straight Class.newInstance? You'll need a
valid Constructor object for that and I'm not sure it will work but worth a
try. I remember trying a number of things to trigger startic initializers to
run to no avail. Let me know if you have more success.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message