ant-dev mailing list archives

From <mlimo...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Helping with Ant 2
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:42:57 GMT
On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 01:54, mlimotte@yahoo.com wrote:

> It really depends on what you want to work on. Do you want to get it
> integrated int ant1.x or do you want to be free to experiment? Is there
> anything in particular interests you?
> [...]
> Eriks experimenting with integrating XDoclet into ant and that may be
> something you would be interested in? It would allow you to work with both
> ant1.x and ant2 simultaneously because it is mainly defining tags and using
> that to generate some form of documentation.
> [...]
> Anyways if there is nothing on the actionlist that interests you then I could
> probabl come up with another list of things to work on in in myrmidon at
> least ;)

I'm not focused on getting anything in particular integrated into 1.x.  As we all know, Ant
is an extremely valuable tool.  However, I have found that some of the syntax and inconsistencies
of 1.x make it difficult to introduce the tool into some IT environments.  Therefore, what
I hope to accomplish is to accelerate the production of Ant 2.

I'd be happy to help with any design, coding or documentation task.  Looking through the action
list, here are a few possibilities that look interesting, if these are not already being handled:

	Naming
	Mapping File Attributes during transformation
	Filters extensions

Erik,
If you have something appropriate from the xdoclet piece, please let me know.

-Marc