ant-dev mailing list archives

From "David Leuschner" <da...@loisch.de>
Subject RE: What am I doing wrong?
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:22:04 GMT
Hi Stefan,
it seems the ant team cannot handle the mass of bug fixes and improvements
made by others willing to contribute to the project. Bugs don't get fixed
and new features are not added as fast as they could. Ant could be much
better if there only were more developers, right? But the developers are
there! They'd love to improve ant, they do it and have to patch ant each
time there is a new release because their patches are just ignored or are
put on endless todo lists. Even worse, probably several people fix the same
thing.
Of course you can't review ten patches a day but I think this is not what
open source is about. Go ask Eric Raymond or Marc Fleury about their opinion
on this and see how many commiters there are on the jBoss project and how
fast it is evolving. I remember a discussion (Thread: Cocoon and Axis) about
this on axis-dev/cocoon-dev some time ago.
I don't want to start a big discussion, I'm just a daily ant user worrying
that fixes and improvements are getting lost because nobody commits them.
Just my two cents (hey, I'm talking about Euro-cents ;-)

	David