ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob Oxspring" <roxspr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Chmod task for Windows
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:28:31 GMT

Also it can be valid to run chmod under "normal" windows - my specific
example is when using an NFS mounted volume.  This also applies to chgrp and
chown which by rights should probably also have ant tasks.  I would suggest
that the restriction of OsFamily="unix" should be at most a default and not
the precondition that it currently is.

I'm not sure if this simple change would be enough though since NFS Maestro
supplies chmod.exe which, if I understand things correctly, would not be
picked up by the line in Chmod.java:

super.setExecutable("chmod");

How does cygwin supply the chmod functionality - chmod or chmod.exe? - could
we get away with adding ".exe" to the commandline if the os family is
"windows"?

> > The first one would definetly be accepted. The second *might*
> be accepted if
> > it was done in an exceptionally good way but I suspect it would not :)

Peter,

I know that you are cencentrating on Ant2 right now, and the VFS should
probably provide access to these sort of features, but could you spare the
time to extrapolate on "an exceptionally good way" to combine this
functionality?  I suggested a (somwhat ambitious) option on a previous
thread but got no response...

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=100533848516462&w=2

I'm happy to work on such a combined task, and firmly believe that it would
be better than the current unix only support, but would prefer it if I felt
that there was a vague chance of making it into CVS.

Rob