ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christian.Nedreg...@findexa.no
Subject RE: Task for whitespace optimizing
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 11:10:21 GMT

> Christian - if you provide us with the code (with the Apache
> license and
> following the coding standards) along with some unit tests
> then we can all
> have a clearer picture of it.

K. Need to write som test. I'll get back in a few days.

> I would think such a task to
> be generally
> useful would need some parameters to affect how the
> whitespace gets removed
> (trim leading and trailing?  compress internally?  tabs to spaces?)

Yes. The current version has a simple default behaviour (trim and compress
each line) wich can be overridden with lists of global and/or linebased
substitution patterns. Currently using ORO libs. Ants ORO wrapper does not
seem to support substitutions. Is that correct?

CHR