ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: IntrospectionHelper request
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2002 10:19:11 GMT

> From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
>
> On Sat, 5 Jan 2002 14:30, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> > > The Ant 1 tree is not a good place to be experimenting.
> >
> > Just out if interest, where *is* a good place to be experimenting?
>
> Depends on what you want to experiment on mainly.

Mostly stuff on the Ant1.9 list, in particular the VFS layer and the TypeInfo thing (well,
the whole task/datatype lifecycle really, from writing, packaging, doc generation, deployment,
instantiation, configuration, validation, service discovery, ..., to execution.  Task testing
too).

> Alternatively you could help out me with myrmidon proposal. What
> I am doing
> with it is trying to bring it from a nice tech demo to a usable
> system. You
> are actually the only person who has shown any interest in
> helping out with
> the proposal so I haven't really been discussing intentions and
> designs on
> list.

You should advertise it more.  It's very impressive work.

Myrmidon would be an excellent place to try some of the stuff I want to do, particularly given
that it's incremental stuff, rather than stand-alone.  Also, having the ant1 tasks there will
be handy, to evaluate what impact the changes have on the task writer.

Right now I'm cranking away on a VFS proposal, so won't be making changes to Myrmidon any
time soon.

> Anyways if thats what you want to do then I can start actually discussing
> what I am ding on the mailing list.

I'm pretty keen to help out, so that would be handy - for me at least.

Adam