ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Ant2 VFS Proposal
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 00:25:51 GMT

Absolutely.

I think a good plan would be to let it mature for a while as part of the Ant
2 work, and then move it across to commons at some point in the future
(maybe before Ant 2 is finished, maybe after).  At this stage there isn't
much more to it than a few emails and a proof-of-concept or two.

> If the VFS really Ant specific?

Bits of it will be.  Most of it will be reusable, hopefully.  I'm definitely
going to use it outside Ant.  Provided we let it evolve with reusability in
mind, then I don't think there's any real problem with it living in the Ant
tree for a while longer.

Adam