ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [myrmidon] configurer changes
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:27:47 GMT

This change was targeted at data-types, rather than tasks.  It is really just a stop-gap for
dealing with String convenience methods.  For example:

Path.addPath( String path )
Path.addPath( Path path )

I don't think we want to prevent classes doing this.  However, it would be good to let the
class have a say as to which overloaded method should be used by the configurer.  Maybe an
@ant:ignore tag on the methods that the introspector should ignore.

How do you see types (or other tasks, for that matter) being used programmatically in ant2?

Adam