ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: building myrmidon
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:04:36 GMT

> From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
>
> Sounds kool. Haven't looked at patch yet - sorry ;) However one
> semantic that
> I have thought about in the past is
>
> setter == set 0-1 times
> adder == set 0-N times
>
> And we could enforce this at the configurator level - thoughts?

Sounds good.  A better fit for what the ant 1 tasks expect.

One comment, though.  Clearly, it would be useful to enforce min multiplicity as well.  We
probably don't want to use the method name to infer that (setRequiredX() and addRequiredX()
- yuck); this would be better done in a type descriptor (say).  But then you (the task writer)
have to use one way (method name) to specify max multiplicity and a completely different way
(type descriptor) to specify min multiplicity.  Should we care about this?  Maybe we stick
with setter and adder until type descriptors become a reality (though that very cool Xdoclet
stuff makes it look like not being too far away).

Adam