ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject [myrmidon] add TaskContext.getService()
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:23:23 GMT

Hi,

This patch adds a getService() method to TaskContext.  This method replaces
Composable, as far as tasks are concerned.  The motivation was to provide a
place where tasks can get at services, and in particular, a
FileSystemManager.

TaskContext.getService() returns an Object.  Do we need to add a Service
interface (which we can later add a ROLE attribute to), or is Object
sufficient?

The change details:

* Changed all tasks that used to implement Composable, to use
TaskContext.getService() instead.

* Axed ExecutionFrame.getComponentManager().  DefaultExecutor no longer
composes tasks.

* DefaultTaskContext uses a ComponentManager to locate services.  Currently,
this is the same ComponentManager that used to be used to compose the tasks.

* Fixed Condition.evaluate() to work if the property is not defined.  It
should now only throw an exception when the condition is badly-formed.
Changed its signature to throw a TaskException, rather than a
ContextException.

* Changed LoadProperties to extend AbstractTask instead of
AbstractContainerTask.

Adam