ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: [AUDIT] jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:30:47 GMT
[...]
> Im not sure about the fine grain control of the tool but if
> it could do the following that would be fabulous ;)

> * Would it be possible to disable checking for (5.2 and JLS
> 6.8.4) ? ;)

You are violating Jakarta coding rules. Sorry can't do it. :-)

> * Is it also possible to disable "Local constructor is unused
> (5.36)." when
> the constructor is private and the class is final ?

Not that I know of, I may have to disable this rule and implement a new rule
myself.

> * Also is it possible to disable "Formal parameter elements is unused
> (5.36)." when the method is an implementation of method
> inherited from an interface?

I don't get it, how would you express this rule ?

> * The docs indicate that NLM can be calculated for each of
> the different
> access specifiers ... doing that (at least for
> protected/public) would be
> great ;)

When you run it in batch, you won't have multi figures for the same metric
w/ different settings. There is a setting for the run.

This is a problem because personally I would like to have LOC w/ and w/o
comments, etc... When you do this in the GUI you can change the aggregation
mode and settings and it will recompute data, but I don't have enough
information about the metrics to recompute it...

To do this I would need a serialization of all computed nodes and play with
it say with a front end servlet so that you can dynamically change the
aggregation mode and settings on metrics, this would be damn good :-)

Stephane