ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Submission - Ant Templating
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 19:42:12 GMT

Greetings from "down under".

In my observation, one of the more pressing requirements for Ant seems to
be an easy way to reuse pieces of Ant code.

Whenever this has come up on the dev mailing list the answer has been "This
should be done with XSLT, that's what XSLT is for."

Well, I happen to agree with this view - and I got stuck in some weeks ago
to implement a solution. (My Java isn't up to the task of coding anything
else and I figured this was a way to contribute back.)

Attached is a small (<4K) zip file containing a single stylesheet and an
html manual page to match.

The stylesheet allows you to define templates in your Ant file that can
then be invoked by name. Templates can expand to a single task, a list of
tasks or even a whole sequence of targets.

I haven't included any license information in these files - not sure which
one to use. I'm happy for it to become a part of the Ant project (if the
committers like it) under the Apache license. Otherwise, I'll host it on my
own website (http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/niche) for general access.

Cheers,
Bevan.

--
"Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"

Bevan Arps (<mailto:bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz>bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz)
Senior OO Analyst, ACT Financial Systems

This communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views and
opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).