ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: ANSI Color Logger
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:53:02 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> > From: Magesh Umasankar [mailto:umagesh@apache.org]
> >
> > Actually, no.  We do have color.com only in NT ;-)
> > He didn't apparently like users to have one line
> > in one color and the next line in another - force
> > the user to see the whole screen in one color ;-)
> >

> Yep - blue screen, white text was his favourite.

>From everything I can tell about my Win 2K notebook, the tradition has
continued and it's still the favorite colors of many in Redmond,
Washington.

Now just the other day, I was building the latest version of the WebWork
framework (http://sf.net/projects/webwork) with Ant and low and behold I
got one of those "console windows".  Could it be the folks in Redmond have
already provided color logging for Ant?  Maybe they've been contributing
to Ant development and we never knew it :) .  If it only happened once, I
wouldn't think much of it but it happed again on the next build :) .

> :-)
>
> Conor

-Bill