ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ant2 codebase adoption process
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:00:33 GMT
I have a question about this...

Are myrmidon and mutant both at points where I, as a
interested end user, could download a binary
and run some tests to evaluate how these two approaches
work? Please don't say I could get the sources
from CVS and build them.... I know I COULD do
that, but we are in the middle of two releases with
three more on the back burner. I just don't have
time.

I'm not a committer, I know I can't vote, but I hope that
the opinions of us people who are too busy to commit still
have some sway. I don't have time to read through both code bases
and evaluate the pros and cons of the source code.
(I wish I did have time...). All I could hope to do is try doing some builds
and see how these versions perform.

If not, then I'll continue on my merry with with Ant 1.4.1 and
wait to see what the community ends up with for Ant 2...