ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject [VOTE] Ant2 codebase adoption process
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:09:30 GMT
Hi,

I would like to suggest moving to a vote on which codebase we wish to
adopt for Ant2.

I suggest we have a discussion period  from now until Feb 6th.
Thereafter a committer vote should be proposed.

I'm not really sure of what form such a vote should take. I think
majority approval would be the go rather than consensus approval
(http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html) but we can discuss that.
The situation we face is not really covered by the rules as far as I can
see.

The obvious candidates. IMHO are myrmidon and mutant. Other candidates
may emerge in the discussion period. I do not believe we should include
Ant 1.x as an option but again let us discuss.

Anyway, lets have a vote now on the process with the following points
(+/- 1 on each please)

[  ] Timetable - vote on or shortly after the 6th Feb

[  ] Codebase adoption is by majority approval

Conor