ant-dev mailing list archives

From prasen <pra...@bea.com>
Subject Re: conditional dependency logic based "uptodate"
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:24:17 GMT
Actually I need it not only for rmic but other things too. For example
we have an abstract class  generation tool, which takes an interface and
creates a default implementaion. I have an dptodate target:

  <target name="determine-rmic">
    <uptodate property="rmic.notRequired">
      <srcfiles dir="${src}">
        <include name="com/mycompany/interface/*.java"/>
      </srcfiles>
      <mapper type="glob" from="*.java" to="${classdir}/*_Impl.java"/>
    </uptodate>
  </target>

and I want something like this:
  <target name="make-rmic" depends="determine-rmic"
unless="rmic.notRequired">
    <java classname="com.mycompany.GenerateImplClass" fork="true"
failonerror="true">
       <arg line="${outdateInterfaceFileName}"/>
    </java>
  </target>

I dont want to run this generation tool on all the files, but ONLY the
outdated files.It is so easy to do this in "make". Does this feature
already exist or if not is there any plan to intriduce this in future
releases ? I dont want to compile everything, when only one
interfacefile has changed.

thanks,
prasen