ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Helping with Ant 2
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:38:13 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> Same as always.

So I see.

> None of this lets work off list stuff that you suggested - if we are going to
> develope Ant2 it should be done in the *open* with standard Apache rules
> applying.

Your reaction at the time was "sounds good". Were you just pulling my chain? After over a
year of endless, meandering discussion about Ant2, I thought something new was required to
progress things. It was never intended as a fait accompli to the list but just a mechanism
to progress the definition of Ant2. Anyway, I was wrong - I could not reach a consensus with
you. I dropped the idea.

> None of this competing proposals and similar.
>
> None of this my way or not at all biz.

A fair description of your position, IMHO. You don't seem too worried about using your veto
to block things which are not "your way".

Anyway, thanks for your input.