ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Helping with Ant 2
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:38:57 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 23:50, Conor MacNeill wrote:
>
>>>Could you give us an outline
>>>of your plans?
>>>
>>Sure. I have significantly restructured mutant. I am running a number of
>>experiments on mutant right now. Specifically these are currently in the
>>area of task library management. I want to work through a few more ideas
>>before I get to commit mode.
>>

> Im curious why you are not doing this in the open but are choosing to work on
> it on your own?

Why does this make you curious?

As I have said I am restructuring mutant. In particular, I am moving
classes around in the package space and find it inconvenient to
continually add and remove in CVS when code is in that state. Also, I
don't think the list is really interested in being bombarded with such
commits.

When things stabilise, I will decide if it is worth committing the changes.

> I suppose theres still no chance of you wanting to work together ?

Interesting spin. If you recall I approached you in September about
working together to define a set of interface specifications for Ant to
bring to the list. My objective was to define a set of container-task
contracts, similar to those defined for the Servlet spec. It seemed a
nice idea to allow reuse of Ant tasks in contexts outside Ant itself.

Your precondition was that such a specification had to be based on
Avalon. While I did not and do not preculde an Avalon based
implementation, I saw no need to couple the interface specification. You
disagreed. There are, of course, other things upon which we disagree.
Fair enough.

So, do you want to work together and what are your preconditions?

Conor