ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <>
Subject Re: Ant Coding guidelines
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:46:32 GMT
Stephane Bailliez wrote:

> Note: I don't like non-prefixed fields. Food for self assignation problems.

I presume you are referring to the "m_fubar" style field names. I do not
like them :-)

I think that we should pretty much stick to the Sun standard. Whatever
its faults, it is the defacto standard for Java programming. It is
likely therefore that most code submissions will, for better or worse,
come in this style. There are sections where the Sun standard is pretty
out of touch with common practice (such as restrictions on use of //
comments somewhere in section 5) and we should explicitly state our
decision to ignore those sections.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message