ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: IntrospectionHelper request
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 12:22:33 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

> From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>
>
> In particular, when compared with the implementation in ANT1.x it would remove the
> limitation that forbids TaskContainers from having inside elements other than Tasks.
> I would like to be able to for example specify a task container that defines also a
> <classpath> for some reason only God knows ;-).

Jose Alberto,

Speaking about this Ant 1.x limitation, it may not be as big a problem
as you may think, if you are able to structure your task a little
differently. The idea would be to have two levels, the task itself which
may have classpaths, and whatever nested elements you wish to support
and then within that a nested container into which the desired tasks are
added - something like

<mytask>
   <classpath .../>
   <myspecial element .../>
   <tasks>
      <echo ...>
      <javac ...>
   </tasks>
</mytask>

Then it is just a matter of coordinating things in the outer task.

So, not wishing to distract you from Ant 2.x thinking, but this may help
you out in the here and now :-).

Conor

Conor