ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: logo voting?
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 13:12:51 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Since I guess I'm elected,

Sorry about that :-)

> how about we make the cutoff January 25?  That is
> a Friday and will allow us to have a definitive logo before the end of the
> month.  Would later be better?

+1 on 25th. Lets get on with it.

> I started to set up a Yahoo group to do voting, but their poll only handles
> 25.  I just tried out http://www.misterpoll.com and it looks like it will do
> the trick, even allowing us to embed the poll onto our own page (of course
> posting back to theirs for processing).

I suggest we just bung a link onto the News page and then announce it on
dev and user lists. You may also want to do something over at jGuru too.
Perhaps we should put a deadline on submissions also because there is
nothing like a deadline to flush out additional proposals

Maybe something like this

1. Now - Announce closing date for submissions as 18-Jan. Post to lists
and News page
2. 18-Jan Put up any additional submissions onto website
3. 18-Jan Create poll on whatever system we end up choosing (I have no
experience)
4. 18-Jan Add link from News and Logo pages to Poll system
5. One week of voting.

Question is whether this would be a plebiscite or a referendum :-)

Thanks for running with this

Conor