ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Wilhelms <>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Ant2 codebase adoption process
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:24:03 GMT
Hi all!

Probably we should calm down a bit because this has been discussed earlier,
but I am not shure if we already agreed on braking backwardscompatibility.

To support the compatibility-braking:
It'll make things easier, regarding implementing new features and a new base
and stuff! This is true and agreed!

To support costins point:
There are THOUSANDS (or even more) of build files out. Over a hundred (I
have not counted them all) only in the apache-projects - even more on source
forge ;-). It's an ILLUSION that the "build-masters" of all these projects
will modify or strongly change ALL these build files just to use an Ant 2.0!

Regardles of what we will do in the future: We have to keep this in mind!
Additionally In an avg. has each company using Ant 1 custom task...!

Breaking compatibility would be a lot of work for many, many people...

... HEY: this is good for the IT industry ;-)

Ok, just my 0.02EUR (yes, we have cents in Europe, now :-))

a passionate

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message