ant-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Brailsford <brail...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ANSI Color Logger
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:24:54 GMT
Why noy use log4j for logging?  then if you want color logs you can use
of the myriad log colorizers, which are almost all written in perl which
is cross-platform.  Why mix two seperate functions?  Logging and
colorizing shouldn't, IMO, be combined into the same functionality.

No need to reinvent the wheel, when log4j for is very flexible, and IMO
the best logger out there, and when there are capable log colorizers.
Heck you could even create a syntax highlighting scheme for your logs
and use it vim if you want color.

-Michael