ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AUDIT] jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 21:15:12 GMT
Hi,

Okay - this is wierd ;)

Theres a few more places where merge faults crept in and the "<<<" appears.
There is also some other odd stuff. ie It looks like

org.apache.myrmidon.components.workspace.DefaultTaskContext

can't see

org.apache.myrmidon.api.TaskContext

for some reason?

Maybe it is best to rm -rf the whole tree and start from clean run?

BTW this audit stuff is very kool. I have managed to find a whole bunch of
code that I wrote that was ... somewhat icky ;) Thanks heaps for this.

Also I was thinking it may be a nice idea to do a similar regular runs of
some dependency analyzer. In particular I would like to know which packages
are using which other packages so that a cleaner API/framework can be
created.

I know JDepend does this and I can probably set this up as part of gump. ie I
would place the dependency report as a target in build file, ask Sam to do a
gump run of it and then put it on the web and cron it's update.

Anywho you mentioned on the Turbine lists once (I think) that the same stuff
you are using for auditing can be used for dependency analysis. Would you
prefer to use that and is it easy for you? Or would you prefer I wnet ahead
and put JDepend tasks in and so forth?

--
Cheers,

Pete