ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ant2 codebase adoption process
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 05:34:35 GMT
On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 21:51, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> > One of the reasons I haven't got around to enabling all of myrmidon to
> > use xdoclet for all its descriptor needs is because it is a bit slow ;)
>
> Maybe we could speed it up by using <uptodate>?  This would probably mean
> separating out the filesets it operates on for each XML file it generates,
> but this might not work too well if the entire codebase has to be inspected
> for each XML file.

Almost all the descriptors are restricted to a single package so that should
be possible. Unfortunately ant does not have an <if/> task so you would end
up having at a minimum 2 targets per package. And as there are about 7 (and
rising) different packages to run this over, it would take more work to
maintain the build files than woul d be saved by handmaintaining the
descriptors ;)

> And perhaps you could work with the XDoclet team to be sure myrmidon really
> handles their needs nicely!  :)

If it doesn't then it has failed horribly ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete