ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Chmod task for Windows
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:33:56 GMT
On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 07:36, Magesh Umasankar wrote:
> > Theres also the difficulty that some windows platforms (ie cygwin)
>
> actually
>
> > support chmod to some degree or another. So we would be blocking people
>
> who
>
> > already used chmod on win32.
>
> Perhaps checking for existence of chmod before using attrib.exe
> on windows would be neat?

That would be pretty neat ;)

However I could still imagine a user wanting to run attrib even if chmod is
present. For instance it is conceivable that the user may want to set the
archive bit on the dos filesystem which I guess would not be doable via chmod
(even if it was installed) but would be possible via attrib.

--
Cheers,

Pete