ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Chmod task for Windows
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:40:25 GMT
On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:31, Jesse Stockall wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 15:18, Peter Donald wrote:
> > Theres also the difficulty that some windows platforms (ie cygwin)
> > actually support chmod to some degree or another. So we would be blocking
> > people who already used chmod on win32.
>
> Hmmm, the Chmod task does an check for Os family="unix". Cygwin on
> Win2000 is detected as family "windows" so the Chmod task should never
> run on a Windows box.

true but I believe you could also specify the OS attribute and force it to
run on your current OS. Hmmm not sure - I don't have the source in front of
me but I believe you addan attribute

os="windows"

and force it to work. Not sure. Well I know there is at least someone using
this functionality but I don't quite know how ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete