ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Ant2 codebase adoption process
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:27:53 GMT
--- Christoph Wilhelms <Christoph.Wilhelms@impress.com> wrote:
> Oh, I think it would be good for the general acceptance of Ant2,
> if - at least - many of the buildfiles/tasks used in that buildfile will
> still work with Ant2 without modifing the xmls.

Personally, I think it'd be far better to focus on making Ant2 as good as
it can possibly be and not worry about how backward-compatible with Ant1
it is. I actually thought that was the main idea -- that it was going to
be a whole new design (which is why it was being called Ant2, instead of
Ant1.x).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)