ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] add TaskContext.getService()
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:09:08 GMT
Hi,

It seems you and I had the same idea. I just half converted TaskContext to
using a getService() method rather than a CM too ;)

The only difference is that the way I did it you passed in a Class object
rather than a string. I wouldn't mind trying this approach first rather than
passing in a string. The main reason Avalon passed in strings was due to icky
ClassLoader semantics that could occur in some situations and to allow
multiple implementations of a service be retrieved. Neither of these
requirements are present in Ant (I don't think) so I would like to try
passing in a CLass for the moment. Ok?

Other than that I will commit the rest when I next play (prolly st or sunday
afternoon).

--
Cheers,

Pete