ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.9 & Task Packaging
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:54:21 GMT
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 01:50, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> >>Further, if we're really moving to a container architecture with Ant2,
> >> then we should define a spec for the build file, execution engine, and
> >> task extensions API through a JSR and have a separate jakarta project
> >> for the optional task libraries, similar to the "taglibs" project that
> >> provides libraries for extending JSP. That project would build many jar
> >> files, which could be included in the project via build file reference &
> >> descriptor as mentioned above.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > I have campaigned for this many a time but everytime there is a committer
> > that will veto it ...
>
> Just to be clear - you are not supporting a JSR style process, are you?

If by this you mean forming a committee to determine the participants in a
subcommittee which will generate a report on the findings of a feature ...
then no ... I wont be supporting that. But don't let me stop you doing that
if you feel like it.

--
Cheers,

Pete

When a stupid man is doing something he's ashamed of, he always
declares that it is his duty.
					 George Bernard Shaw