ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] configurer changes
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:52:39 GMT
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:27, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> [...]

aahhh .. that makes sense.

> I don't think we want to prevent classes doing this.  However, it would be
> good to let the class have a say as to which overloaded method should be
> used by the configurer.  Maybe an @ant:ignore tag on the methods that the
> introspector should ignore.

Thats an option.

> How do you see types (or other tasks, for that matter) being used
> programmatically in ant2?

I don't really see tasks as being used programtically at all. As for "types"
there are two sorts. First there are the adaptor/helper classes that are
generally used to hold data and stuff (think Commandline object). Then there
are types that are defined by an interface, gotten from the TypeManager and
are extensible by the user (think Mappers, Conditions, Selectors etc). The
adaptors need to either be stored in the framework or in the tasklibrary
itself for task-loader reasons. The extensible types only need to have the
interface in the base classloader and all the implementations can be in the
task librarys.

Thoughts?

--
Cheers,