ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AUDIT] jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:51:41 GMT
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 01:30, Stephane Bailliez wrote:
> [...]

awww ;)

> > * Is it also possible to disable "Local constructor is unused
> > (5.36)." when
> > the constructor is private and the class is final ?
>
> Not that I know of, I may have to disable this rule and implement a new
> rule myself.

kool this product sounds great .. may have to get me a copy ;)

> > * Also is it possible to disable "Formal parameter elements is unused
> > (5.36)." when the method is an implementation of method
> > inherited from an interface?
>
> I don't get it, how would you express this rule ?

Something like

if( unused parameter in method )
{
  interfaces = getClass().getInterfaces()
  if( method in interfaces )
  {
   ignore;
  }
  else
  {
   complain
  }
}

> > * The docs indicate that NLM can be calculated for each of
> > the different
> > access specifiers ... doing that (at least for
> > protected/public) would be
> > great ;)
>
> When you run it in batch, you won't have multi figures for the same metric
> w/ different settings. There is a setting for the run.

doh!

> This is a problem because personally I would like to have LOC w/ and w/o
> comments, etc... When you do this in the GUI you can change the aggregation
> mode and settings and it will recompute data, but I don't have enough
> information about the metrics to recompute it...
>
> To do this I would need a serialization of all computed nodes and play with
> it say with a front end servlet so that you can dynamically change the
> aggregation mode and settings on metrics, this would be damn good :-)

yikes - thats sounds like a lot of work!

--
Cheers,

Pete

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the
 point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.
 The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality."
        -- George Bernard Shaw