ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AUDIT] jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 08:11:46 GMT
On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:48, sbailliez@apache.org wrote:
> This mail is a short text summary of the results of a static source code
> analysis tool ran on this project. It is sent as a 'proof of concept' and
> see if there is any interest in these information. Alternatively it can act
> as an automatic reviewer to enforce coding guidelines and can obviouslly
> save some time to Jon Stevens and Ted Husted. ;-)
>
> For detailed information please look at the full report at:
> http://cvs.apache.org/~sbailliez/jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/audit/

Im not sure about the fine grain control of the tool but if it could do the
following that would be fabulous ;)

* Would it be possible to disable checking for (5.2 and JLS 6.8.4) ? ;)
* Is it also possible to disable "Local constructor is unused (5.36)." when
the constructor is private and the class is final ?
* Also is it possible to disable "Formal parameter elements is unused
(5.36)." when the method is an implementation of method inherited from an
interface?
* The docs indicate that NLM can be calculated for each of the different
access specifiers ... doing that (at least for protected/public) would be
great ;)

Anyways thanks for that I have a bunch of things I have to go fix now ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete