ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proposal/junit
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:47:03 GMT
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:40, Stephane Bailliez wrote:
> - The main point was to allow to run JUnit tests in isolation in another VM
> and receive results in another so that we can have better control if
> something hangs and possibly configure the VM with particular settings.
> (encoding, memory, system properties, classpath, etc...)
> The main problem in the actual design for example is that a failed test
> (cancelled) would result in no report at all and no way to know that
> something failed.

sounds interesting. So essentially you have a "warm" JVM waiting for requests
to do junit tests? Will multiple calls to junit task reuse the same JVM or is
it just different tests that are dispathed to other JVM?

Also could this be generalized to a general architecture to execute other
java tasks from a JVM or is it intrinsically tied to junit?

Also when/if you decide it is good enough would you mind placing it in junit2
package to avoid ocnfusion and all that or maybe xjunit (extended junit) or
exjunit or whatever ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete