ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Helping with Ant 2
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:33:04 GMT
On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:38, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> >>Sure. I have significantly restructured mutant. I am running a number of
> >>experiments on mutant right now. Specifically these are currently in the
> >>area of task library management. I want to work through a few more ideas
> >>before I get to commit mode.
> >
> > Im curious why you are not doing this in the open but are choosing to
> > work on it on your own?
>
> Why does this make you curious?

because it doesn't seem much in the vein of Apache.

> When things stabilise, I will decide if it is worth committing the changes.

Commit them anyways. They could spark an idea from someone else that you may
later incorporate. Theres a lot of smart people here it would be good to at
least give them the opportunity to contribute and participate.

> Your precondition was that such a specification had to be based on
> Avalon. While I did not and do not preculde an Avalon based
> implementation, I saw no need to couple the interface specification.

interesting spin indeed. I wanted you to consider Avalon and try it out, you
didn't want to.

> So, do you want to work together and what are your preconditions?

Same as always.

None of this lets work off list stuff that you suggested - if we are going to
develope Ant2 it should be done in the *open* with standard Apache rules
applying.

None of this competing proposals and similar.

None of this my way or not at all biz.

etc

--
Cheers,