ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: building myrmidon
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:18:11 GMT
On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 02:18, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Peter,
> I wanted to have a look at myrmidon in more detail and went to build it
> (using both Ant 1.4.1 and a new bootstrapped from CVS version of Ant
> 1.5alpha) and I get these errors:

thats wierd ... builds fine here .... oh wait you probably have an extra
dependency in your ant/lib directory (netcomponents.jar?) which I haven't
been compiling with. So I probably have not picked up these errors yet ;)

> What am I missing or doing wrong?

Nothing - I may chuck netcomponents into my classpath and compile with that
to make sure those tasks are actually getting compiled.

> What I'd like to do is put in XDoclet's JAR file to the lib directory and
> add some javadoc comments to some files (probably the converters) and then
> a target to the build to generate the an XML descriptor file
> (core-ant-descriptor.xml probably) just as a proof-of-concept so that we
> can get that functionality plugged in sooner rather than later if it seems
> an agreeable way to go.

excellent! Another kool idea was sucking some of the docs out of docs/manual
and placing them in the tasks and seeing if we could generate XML docs for
the tasks.  We could then transform them using velocity/xslt/etc.

| "Computers are useless. They can only give you       |
|            answers." - Pablo Picasso                 |

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message