ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IntrospectionHelper request
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2002 03:31:31 GMT
On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 14:23, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
> > Umm ... I have talked about this before - this wont be a problem if they
> > extend AbstractTaskContainer because they will never be exposed to low
> > level APIs.
>
> Well maybe I do not understand the code. Can you explain how this
> simplifies doing whatever one wants to do with configuration? The code seem
> to just provide the default Configurator and use it. But if that is the
> case then why did I needed to implement Configurable in the first place?

I don't recall what the code looks like at this point in time but I have said
that it will eventually look like something such as

setAttribute( name, value );
addElement( name, value );
execTask( myTask );
etc.

This should cover most of the normal stuff.

I guess we could make AbstractTaskContainer implement configurable and then
allow subclasses to get config tree via getConfiguration() - that would be
less work to them and expose less complexity.

--
Cheers,

Pete