ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IntrospectionHelper request
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:49:08 GMT
 --- Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote: > On Fri,
11 Jan 2002 22:57, Jose Alberto Fernandez
> wrote:
> > OK, I may be using the term aspect wrongly. What I
> > meant was that the user could write something like
> > this to solve the conflict:
> >
> >  <task1>
> >    <a/>
> >    <b ant:role="task" />
> >  </task1>
> >
> > 'ant:role' is not an attribute for the task, but
> for
> > the confgurator to know how to resolve the
> conflict.
> > I thought this is a use of aspect, the same way we
> > have discussed how to deal with failonerror (i.e.,
> > ant:failonerror="true").
>
> Thats one way of doing but then you are back to
> declaring roles of all
> elements (because you never know when a clash can
> occur).

Yes you do, becuase you would not have the
auto-install nonsense. You say what is available on
the buildfile and therefore you know on first run
which clashes occur (if any) and resolve them.

The only way to guarantee stable builds in to
guarantee stable environments (i.e., no auto-install).

Jose Alberto