ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IntrospectionHelper request
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 12:06:30 GMT
On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:58, Adam Murdoch wrote:
...snip...

good explanation - at least better than I gave ;)

> A good solution, certainly very flexible.  A few things I'd like to change:
>
> 1. Use reflection to deliver nested task placeholders, something like:
>
> public add(Configuration elem);

could you expand the reason for this more ?

> or
>
> public addX(Configuration elem);

+1

> 2. Get rid of Configurable.  Then, all parameters to a task or data type
> are delivered via introspection.

Sometimes top-level tasks need to have complete control over interpretation
and I can't see an easy way of doing this in that model?

Take for instance the TypeInstanceTask functionality (in myrmidon.framework).
Conor -1'edn not having this sort of functionality and I can also see it
being useful - especially with scripting tasks.

How would you address this ?

> 3. Maybe change the task placeholders from Configurable to some interface
> like the following:
>
> public interface Executable
> {
>     void execute( ExecutionFrame frame ) throws TaskException;
> }

Dont get you - can you explain ?

--
Cheers,