ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IntrospectionHelper request
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 11:37:41 GMT
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 22:34, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 09:20, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
> > There is still the issue on how to define which compiler to use (i.e.,
> > the current magic properties) and eventhough I do not fully like it, they
> > are quite flexible since its value can be taken from a property file and
> > do not require any hardcoding or manipulation of the build file itself. I
> > am not sure how aspects will compete with this degree of flexibility.

Oops - I forgot to answer this bit. Aspects would be one way of implementing
it. You could specify preference javac.compiler="jikes" and then the aspect
would try to set the compiler attribute to jikes in the javac task if it had
not already been set. Thus there are no magic attributes as such but we still
have a flexible system - actually it may be a bit too flexible ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete