ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Stockall <je...@cryptocard.com>
Subject Re: What am I doing wrong?
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 16:12:21 GMT
On Sun, 2002-01-27 at 10:44, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> I'm about to start using SourceOffSite at work later this week, so I will
> review that patch (send me the Bugzilla issue # so I can find it quickly - I
> don't personally retain the patches sent to ant-dev).  The Ant committers
> push back on additional tasks generally speaking though, especially in the
> case of vendor integration like these SoS tasks because they really should
> be a vendor maintained and provided by the vendor.  Ant is weighted down
> with a lot of tasks that are not at all useful to most of us, and if it
> would be much lighter weight and cleaner if we could simply pull in the
> tasks we individually need.

Ok bug ID is 6053. I agree, it would be nice if this type of task could
be supported by product vendors. If you could declare the taskdefs in
the manifest of a jar or something similar, then it would be a breeze to
add custom tasks from outside sources.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

--
 Jesse Stockall			|	Tel: 1+ 613.599.2441 ext. 243
 CRYPTOCard Corporation		|	Fax: 1+ 613.599.2442