ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Stockall <>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] Attrib task (chmod for Windows)
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 19:20:26 GMT
On Fri, 2002-01-25 at 14:08, Steve Loughran wrote:

> the big issue is we want <chmod> to be a no-op if it aint supported
> underneath, right?
> So how about we always exec it and silently catch the excepto if it aint
> found; the recent-ish mods in exec to not fail if the exec wont start should
> do the trick.
> The risk is that some platform has chmod do something wierd, or re-interpret
> the parameters differently.

Just because chmod exists in the path does not mean that It is the
desired command. I may have cygwin installed, but I need to toggle the
system flag. Chmod can't handle this attribute so I would want to have
attrib.exe as the command.
 Jesse Stockall			|	Tel: 1+ 613.599.2441 ext. 243
 CRYPTOCard Corporation		|	Fax: 1+ 613.599.2442
 Suite 304, 300 March Rd.	|	email:
 Ottawa, ON, Canada K2K 2E2	|	web:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>