ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Stockall <je...@cryptocard.com>
Subject Re: Chmod task for Windows
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:55:13 GMT
On Fri, 2002-01-25 at 06:33, Peter Donald wrote:

> However I could still imagine a user wanting to run attrib even if chmod is
> present. For instance it is conceivable that the user may want to set the
> archive bit on the dos filesystem which I guess would not be doable via chmod
> (even if it was installed) but would be possible via attrib.

Agreed, there is only 1 permission that chmod can modify on Windows
drives, Read-only. This leaves me to believe that chmod use on Windows
would be a corner-case & could be handled with an exec task, or by
forcing "os=unix" so the chmod task could be run.

--
 Jesse Stockall			|	Tel: 1+ 613.599.2441 ext. 243
 CRYPTOCard Corporation		|	Fax: 1+ 613.599.2442