ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Stockall <>
Subject Chmod task for Windows
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:10:09 GMT
I need to be able to toggle the read-only flag for some files on
Windows. I'm able to do this with attrib.exe

I created a new task (copy of chmod task) to use attrib & work only on

I think a better idea would be to modify the chmod task so that is uses
chmod on Unix & attrib on Windows. Unfortunately there are different
permissions available on Unix & Windows so the task would have to be
smart enough to use -R on Windows & +w on Unix to toggle the write

Would either of these be accepted into Ant?

 Jesse Stockall			|	Tel: 1+ 613.599.2441 ext. 243
 CRYPTOCard Corporation		|	Fax: 1+ 613.599.2442
 Suite 304, 300 March Rd.	|	email:
 Ottawa, ON, Canada K2K 2E2	|	web:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>