ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Stockall <je...@cryptocard.com>
Subject Chmod task for Windows
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:10:09 GMT
I need to be able to toggle the read-only flag for some files on
Windows. I'm able to do this with attrib.exe

I created a new task (copy of chmod task) to use attrib & work only on
windows.

I think a better idea would be to modify the chmod task so that is uses
chmod on Unix & attrib on Windows. Unfortunately there are different
permissions available on Unix & Windows so the task would have to be
smart enough to use -R on Windows & +w on Unix to toggle the write
permission.

Would either of these be accepted into Ant?

--
 Jesse Stockall			|	Tel: 1+ 613.599.2441 ext. 243
 CRYPTOCard Corporation		|	Fax: 1+ 613.599.2442