ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/util FileUtils.java
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:45:17 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <jakarta-ant-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 09:12
Subject: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/util
FileUtils.java

> bodewig     02/01/29 09:12:20
>
>   Modified:    src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/condition
>                         FilesMatch.java
>                src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/util FileUtils.java
>   Log:
>   * refactor <filesmatch> condition to take advantage of FileUtils.
>
>   * improve FileUtils.contentEquals by adding two additional shortcut
>     tests.

I had done the same changes at the w/end, just hadnt committed them.

I also modified filesmatch to fail, rather than throw an exception, if
either file was missing. This turns out to be more usablewhen using the test
to say do something if the destination does not exactly match the origin,
and puts it in sync with the <uptodate> behaviour.

I will add that.

my other uncommitted (not working yet) changes are to loadfile
 -a property expansion flag
 -a flatten all to one line flag

the latter lets you include the file in a property which is then used in an
attributed that expects a comma separated line of stuff, like in includes
list, or a recipient list in the mail task.

I will add these once I have the tests all working and not before