ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: <antlib> (was RE: Ant 1.9 & Task Packaging)
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:00:55 GMT

> So what's holding us back with implementing <antlib>? There were some
> proposals a while back but nothing ever really happened with them, it
seemed
> there was some concern about forward-compatibility with Ant2 - is that
still
> the concern?

Jose Alberto's implementation is in the sandbox; works with today's builds
and includes the descriptor generation task as well as the loading task.

But to go into the main codebase there has to be widespread happiness about
the descriptor and the process for declaring it.

I agree with your critique of the Condition task BTW, Tim, it should not
need a code change to add a new conditional test, or to add a new EJB back
end. Which makes me thing we may even need a very generic descriptor, one
which doesnt list tasks so much as list implementations of interfaces

<implements interface="org.apache.tools.ant.interfaces.Taskable">
 <implementation
    name="DeleteRandomFiles"
    class="org.someone.MyClass"
    description="delete random files"
    failuretext="you need cryptographicallyStrongRNG.jar" />
</implements>
<implements interface="org.apache.tools.ant.interfaces.Conditional">
 <implementation name="maybe" description="sometimes succeeds"
class="org.someone.Maybe/>
</implements>
<implements interface="org.apache.tools.ant.interfaces.EjbBackEnd">
</implements>