ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: propertyfile -> builtin task
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2002 05:12:39 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <>
To: "ant-dev" <>
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 17:32
Subject: propertyfile -> builtin task

> Since optional.jar is shipping with the post-Ant 1.4.1 distributions,
> do folks think about moving <propertyfile> to a builtin task?  What are
> issues involved in that?
> Its such an important task and has no external dependencies that it seems
> better to be listed with the builtin tasks where it can be found more
> by users browsing the documentation.
> Of course its not a big deal since all the optional tasks will seem
> "builtin" from now on, but something that bothers me a little bit since
> so out of place in the the optional documentation.

It makes sense in the main stuff; it is really useful after all. Moving it
could force a stub implementation to remain in Optional just in case someone
actually subclassed it, though maybe that could be left out till someone

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message