ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/docs logovote.html
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:41:03 GMT
Ok, I've set up the poll at Sparklit.  I've created an HTML page with the
poll, and updated the live site to include it, although I have not
hyperlinked to it from anywhere.

I've disabled the form submission for now to keep votes from coming in until
its official open - I wanted to run it by ant-dev before firing it up.  I've
got local mods to index and antnews announcing it, so I'm ready to flip the
switch when you are.

The poll has a couple of security options with the free poll, IP blocking
and cookie blocking.  I turned off IP blocking since that would prevent two
people from voting from behind a proxy I believe.

Its certainly not beyond the realm of possibilities that someone could rig
the voting and submit multiple votes for a single entry - so we'll put a
disclaimer at the bottom of our voting announcement that says "committers
reserve the right to declare the vote null and void if tampering is
suspected" and so on.

On the "current results" link, there is a broken hyperlink - this occured
because the text box for item entry chopped what I pasted.  This is fixed on
the HTML page I created, but since its a pain to fix (46 cut and pastes) to
fix it. Their admin page to create the poll does not deal well with HTML in
the items - it saves it fine, but mangles it when you edit it causing all of
them to have to be re-entered (sad but true).

    Erik