ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: Re: how access to repository??
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2002 00:22:44 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dean Hiller" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 11:56
Subject: Re: Re: how access to repository??

> I am confused, it says nothing about having to get nominated to become a
developer.  It only says you have to get nominated to become a committer.
Are you sure about this????  So do I just access the latest ant as
anonymous, and where is this bugzilla.  I did not see anything about that in
the link you gave me(which I have now read twice)

> thanks for you help,
> Dean

Anyone can develop with the source, it is all there for you to read -and we
value everyone who contributes code, docs, patches, extra tests, even
meaningful bug reports.

But you wrote

> >     I need access to the ant CVS repository.  I was going to make
> > a change to the rmic task(I posted about it earlier).  I have
> > mindterm, and a cvs gui, but I don't have automatic access to the
> > repository, correct? except by anoymous login which only has read
> > access.

which means you want write access. Which exactly what "commitment" means:
you are allowed to commit changes without supervision (well, there is after
the fact supervision).

To change code you follow the guidelines there, and also the ant project
guidelines, including the process stuff on it: '

> ps.  Please reply directly to me or carbon copy me, as I am not on the
developers list(too much mail for me to handle when I join that)

I will cc: you , but just this once ;) you need to be on ant-dev if you are
going to participate in ant-dev, at least if you want your code in the

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message